Applications that were approved from the previous pay period can be imported as an adjustment in the current payroll. This awesome feature eliminates the need to manually compute for this kind of adjustment.
Let's create a new payroll to demonstrate the steps:
1. On the Payroll page, click Create New Payroll.
2. On the Payroll Setup page, enter the respective details for Payroll Period and Payroll Options. Click Save.
3. You'll see the list of employees added. All employees will be included in this payroll run. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
4. Click the Import Adjustments link.
5. Check Attendance Adjustment from last cut-off and click Next.
6. Click Ok to proceed with the adjustment. The export function will be discussed in a separate article - stay tuned!
7. A prompt will show that the adjustments have been successfully uploaded.
8. To check on a sample employee, you can click the Adjustments link beside the name.
A new window will pop-up with the employee's record of added adjustments like this:
You can click on the "x" button on the upper right corner to go back to the list of employees.
9. Click Next.
10. You'll see the Attendance page next. Scroll down to the bottom.
11. Import the attendance via HRIS, if your account uses Sprout HR timekeeping and attendance. Otherwise, import the file.
12. A prompt will ask if you want to leave the site, click Leave.
13. Sprout Payroll will begin importing.
14. Click Save, then Save & Process.
15. Sprout Payroll will begin processing.
16. You'll see the Payroll Summary page.
17. Scroll down and click Print Payslips.
18. On the Generate Payslip page, scroll down till you see the list of selected employees.
By default, all employees are selected. But for the purpose of this demo, only employees with late approval adjustments have been selected.
19. Click Print. Payslips of the selected employees will be downloaded to your computer.
20. In this sample payslip, you'll see the adjustment from the previous pay period: