In this article, you'll learn how to fill out the Sprout Payroll Template. This is used to add many employees via an upload sheet.
Download the template via Import Excel:
*Click on the images to make these bigger.
Open the Excel Template and here's what you'll see:
Fill out the following required fields:
- Employee ID - A unique ID to identify the employee.
- Last Name
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Birthdate - Follow the mm/dd/yyyy format.
- Marital Status
- Start date
- Employment Status
- Date of Status - e.g. Date when status was changed to regular from probationary.
- Tax Status Code
- Basic Salary
- OT Computation (default value is 1) - This refers to which OT table number will be used. See this article to learn more about OT tables - How to Set the OT Rates on Payroll Pie.
- Work Days Per Year
- Payroll Pie ID - Don't edit or fill-out. This column will contain a unique system-generated ID for each employee once added to the system.
When you need to copy and paste repetitive data, use paste special > Values only to keep the correct format. Remember to save the template before uploading.
*If there are any missing information or incorrect formatting, an annotated template will automatically be downloaded. In this new template, data that need to be corrected are highlighted in red.