Did you report to work during your rest day? Not familiar how this can be filed in Sprout HR? Worry not! Simply follow the steps below:
- First, file a Schedule Adjustment and have it approved by your manager. If you don’t know how to do this yet, hop on this article to learn: How to File for a Schedule Adjustment (SA) Application
Note: Since this is a rest day work, the Rest Day checkbox should be ticked.
- If the Rest Day work was rendered from home, then file a Certificate of Attendance (How to File for a Certificate of Attendance (COA) Application) or Official Business (How to File for an Official Business (OB) Application) and have it approved by your manager.
- If you worked beyond the approved schedule, you can file for an Overtime application.
- Any work within the approved schedule adjustment will be paid with the Rest Day premium.
- Any work beyond the approved schedule adjustment with an approved OT will be paid with the Rest Day Overtime premium.
To illustrate more on the breakdown of Rest Day hours, here’s an example: :
Rest Days - Saturdays and Sundays
Approved Rest Day Schedule Adjustment - 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Clock IN - 8:45 AM
Clock OUT - 8:00 PM
- 8 hours will be paid with the Rest Day Premium (9:00AM-6:00PM less 1 hour break)
- 2 hours will be paid with the Rest Day Overtime premium (6:00PM-8:00PM)
Follow these steps and your rest day work is sure to be compensated correctly. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.