What Should I Do When the "Cannot Update Employee with Existing Payroll Pie ID" Error Shows While Updating an Employee Profile?
The Payroll Pie ID saved in Sprout HR should match with the Payroll Pie ID assigned by the system in Sprout Payroll. This is one of the data needed to link employee attendance from Sprout HR to Sprout Payroll.
But, have you ever encountered this message when updating an employee profile?
Don’t worry! This only means that the inputted Payroll ID is already assigned to another employee profile. You might have saved the incorrect ID to the current profile or to another employee profile.
To solve this, we can easily check who uses the ID inputted and check the Payroll ID of all other employees. Simply follow the steps below:
- Go to Maintenance > Company
- Select Employees tab.
- Click Upload Employees > Download Excel template.
- Open the downloaded file and sort it by Payroll Pie ID column.
- Check the employee who is currently assigned with that Payroll Pie ID.
- Apply necessary corrections for the Payroll Pie ID either via the template or directly on the employee profile.
It is also important that you validate these IDs against the Payroll IDs assigned by the system in Sprout Payroll. Learn how by reading this related article - Where Do I Find the Payroll Pie ID?
You can now check the Payroll Pie IDs assigned to the employees and apply necessary corrections if needed. If you have questions, please feel free to send an email to email@example.com.