New employee profiles on Sprout HR can be added in two ways.
The first way is adding many employees at the same time via the Sprout HR Employee Template. This is the best way if the account is new and you're importing all your employees to Sprout HR for the first time.
The second way is adding them individually as shown in another article over here- How Do I Add a New Employee via Administration Tools?
Now, let's try adding new employees via the Sprout HR template.
1. Click the Maintenance Tab found at the top the screen.
2. Click Company.
3. If you have more than one company in your account setup, make sure to select the correct one over here. If you only have one company, you can skip this step.
4. Click Employees.
5. Click the Upload Employees button.
6. Click Download the Excel template link to get a copy of the Sprout HR template.
7. Open the downloaded Excel template. Click on this article on how to fill the template out - How to Fill out the Sprout HR Template.
8. Make sure that the correct format is followed when filling the template out. Remember to save the Excel template after.
Here's a preview of how it looks:
9. Now back to the pop-up window, click Choose File.
10. Select the template you’ve just filled out, then click Open.
11. Click the Upload button.
12. You’ll see a prompt saying the upload is successful. Click Ok.
If the upload is not successful, you will automatically receive an annotated version of the document that will indicate missing or incorrect data in red.
You've just learned how to add new employees using the Sprout HR template! If you have questions, get in touch with us at email@example.com.