The community consists of posts associated with different discussion topics. A post might be anything, including questions, tips, or feature requests. Comments might include observations, clarifications, praise, or any other response that's part of a typical community discussion. You're required to log in to Sprout Support in order to post topics, feature requests or questions and join the discussions.
Note: Don't confuse topics with articles. In the community, topics are top-level containers for posts.
If you have not signed up yet, please follow the steps in this Support Article - Create an End User Account on Sprout Support
- Go to Sprout Support and then log in.
- Scroll down to Community, then click Join the conversation.
- You can click the Feature Requests to view the posted feature requests and click the General Discussions to check and join some posted discussions
- Once you've selected a topic, you can upvote it by clicking the arrow and add a comment by inputting it on the comment box
- To post a new topic, go back to the Community page and click New Post.
- Enter the required details. (Title, Details & Topic) Click Submit once done.
- You'll be automatically added as a follower to your post.
You'll be notified via email notifications if other users commented on your post. Now you know how the Community on Sprout Support work. If you have questions and suggestion, you can join our Community or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.