Setting up your Sprout Payroll account is easy. Once you log in for the first time, you will be greeted with the Home screen, which has 3 simple steps for you to follow for Sprout Payroll success.
This tutorial shows you how to issue your first payroll. To begin, ensure that all employees and adjustments listed in Sprout Payroll are up-to-date.
Here are the steps:
1. From the Home screen, navigate to the Payroll section.
2. Select Create New Payroll
3. Input details in the following page and click Save.
Note that at the bottom, select "Yes" for Use Annual Calculation only if tax should be computed annually for that payroll.
4. Select employees to be included/excluded from the payroll run:
Tick the corresponding checkbox(es). Select < or > to manipulate the list.
5. If there are any adjustments to be added, you can click on the Upload Adjustments link at the bottom. A pop-up window will show:
6. Click on the "Download Excel Template" link to get the template then fill it out. Once ready, you can upload it by clicking "Select", then choose the file. Then finally, click "Import File"
7. Once done, click Next.
8. If your company is linked to an Sprout Payroll account, you can select Import HRIS at the bottom of the page:
9. If you don't have a linked Sprout Payroll account, you can select Import File instead, then click "Download Excel Template" link to get the template then fill it out. Once ready, you can upload it by clicking "Select", then choose the file. Then finally, click "Import File".
You will see a preview of the payroll run.
- You may search for specific employees using the search function box.
- Once ready to proceed, select Save, then pick the corresponding option.
- Save and Process generates payroll for posting.
- Save as Draft saves the run for editing and adjustments.
- Save and Preview Email sends an email preview of the payroll run.
10. Click Save and Process to post payroll and generate a payroll summary.
- Payroll is now posted and visible to all members of your company.
- Select Print Payslips to generate payslips for printing or email for your company.