Setting up your Sprout Payroll account is easy. Once you log in for the first time, you will be greeted with the Home screen, which has 3 simple steps for you to follow for Sprout Payroll success.
This tutorial shows you how to issue your first payroll. To begin, ensure that all employees and adjustments listed in Sprout Payroll are up-to-date.
Here are the steps:
1. From the Payroll (Home) page, select Create New Payroll.
2. Input details on the following page and click Save.
*Note: At the bottom, select "Yes" for Use Annual Calculation only if tax should be computed annually for that payroll.
3. Select employees to be included/excluded from the payroll run. Tick the corresponding checkbox/es, then click Next.
- Click Upload Adjustments or Import Adjustments if you'll apply adjustments.
4. Select Import Attendance if you wish to import the attendance from Sprout HR and select Import File if you want to import the attendance manually.
4. Once the attendance is imported, click:
- Save and Process generates payroll for posting.
- Save as Draft saves the run for editing and adjustments.
- Save and Preview Email sends an email preview of the payroll run.
5. You'll be directed to the Payroll Summary page if you save and process.
- Click Go to Adjustment Report to see the adjustments summary of the employees.
- Hover your mouse pointer to Download Reports to generate:
- Summary PDF
- Payroll Summary Excel
- Employer Contributions
- Payroll Instructions
- Bank DAT File
6. Click Print Payslips to proceed.
7. Select the payroll run, tick the employees and:
- Print - download the payslips (PDF)
- Generate Excel - generate the Excel file of the payslips
- Send to Email - sends the payslip to the email address of the employees
8. Go back to the Payroll Runs page.
9. Click the status of the payroll run and set it to REVIEWED.
10. To approve the payroll, click the status of the payroll again. Input the Security Password and click Submit.
Now you know the basics of processing a payroll in Sprout Payroll. If you have questions and suggestion, please send us a message at email@example.com.