There are two ways to manually add or deduct leave credits of employees. The first way can be done individually on each employee profile. The second way is to adjust for many employees via the Leave Types and Policies in Company Maintenance. Read on to see easy-to-follow steps for each option.
Adding via Employee Profile:
1. On the employee profile, scroll down and click Leave plans and usage, then click the pencil icon under the specific leave you’d like to add to or deduct from.
2. Input a positive amount to add or a negative amount to deduct. You will need to add a “+” or “-“ sign before the amount. Then put in the reason for the overriding in the next field.
3. Click Save at the bottom.
Import Credits via Company Settings (Template):
Administrators can manually edit leave credits for many employees at a time via Sprout HR’s “Import Credits”.
1.To access this, click on Maintenance > Company.
2. If you have only one company, you can go and click Leave Types and Policies.
If not, select the correct account on the dropdown menu first, before going to Leave Types and Policies.
3. Click Import Credits.
4. Click Download the excel template.
5. Open the file and you’ll see a list of all employees and their corresponding credits.
6. Before you edit, please note that there is a big difference between using this versus adding the credit on the employee profile. When you import credits, this will replace the current credits and will not simply add nor deduct. So for example, if there are currently 10 leaves on the excel template for the employee and you would like to add 5 more credits, please input 15 and not 5.
Be careful not to change the contents of columns A to D to avoid making changes to the incorrect profile.
When done editing the template, remember to save.
7. Go back to Sprout HR and click select file.
8. Select the excel template that you’ve just saved and double-click the document.
9. Click Upload.
10. Wait a few seconds and a prompt will show that the leaves have been successfully uploaded. Click OK.
See the following sample screen recording:
Here's a related article that you may want to check out! - How to Create a New Leave Type.
You've just learned how to manually update leave credits via the employee profile and Import Credits! If you have any questions, get in touch with us at email@example.com.