There are two types of approval flows that can be set for attendance applications on Sprout HR, namely, Sequential and Parallel.
This is found in Maintenance > Company > Approval Levels.
- Let's say there are 3 levels of approvers - levels 1, 2, and 3.
- Once the employee files for a leave, Level 1 will receive the application first. If he or she approves, this will be passed on to Level 2. Once approved, it will be passed on to Level 3 (last level). Once approved by Level 3, the application is fully accepted.
- However, if Level 1 or Level 2 rejects the application, it will no longer be sent for final approval and is fully rejected.
- Similar to the previous scenario, let's say there are 3 approvers - levels 1, 2, and 3.
- Once the employee applies for a leave, all 3 approvers will see the application on their dashboards at the same time. Once approved by Level 1, it should be approved by Levels 2 and 3 in order for the leave to be fully accepted.
- However, if Level 3 (last level) approves first, the leave gets approved automatically without having to wait for Levels 1 and 2 to approve.
- The same thing happens when the leave is rejected. If initially rejected by Level 3, Levels 1 and 2 no longer have to do anything. Or if Level 1 or 2 rejects the leave, it will also be automatically rejected and will no longer appear on the other approvers' dashboards.